Tubular Heating Elements (Tubular Heaters) - All applications must consider the suitability of the sheath material, the correct watt density, appropriate terminal connections, type of mounting required, and electrical terminals.
Call ASB Heating Elements Ltd., for Technical Assistance: 1-800-265-9699
Tubular Heating Elements
Tubular Heating Elements are the most versatile, dependable and rugged of any heat generating device. These qualities make Tubular Heating Elements an ideal heat source for many applications. Tubular Heating Elements are the core of the most common heating solutions found today.
Tubular Heating Elements manufactured by ASB Heating are made of the highest quality of materials. This gives you the most dependable heat source for your specific needs. When you have to rely on heat to get the job done, you can rely on ASB Tubular Heating Elements to do it right.
Tubular Heating Elements are a mineral insulated, metal-sheathed electric resistance heater. They are sometimes referred to as CalRod® Heaters.
ASB Heating Elements Limited offers you the absolute best Tubular Heating Elements available.
Experts In Element Design
With many years of experience designing and applying heating elements, we have mastered both the science and art of Tubular Heating Elements manufacturing. Your ASB heater will perform as you expect it to.
ASB uses 80-20 ni-chrome wire, "A" grade magnesium oxide, and the highest quality tubing. Filling machines and roll reduction equipment are expertly maintained to manufacturer's tolerances, and final test equipment is fully calibrated. You can expect high quality from us.
Tubular Heating Elements have 4 basic components:
1. Metal Sheath
2. Magnesium oxide (MgO)
3. Helix resistance coil
4. Cold section at each end
Here Is What Makes The ASB Tubular Heating Elements Your Obvious Choice!
1. A variety of sheath materials are available for different application conditions. These take into account corrosion and temperature factors. Let us help[ you choose the optimum sheath material to ensure the longest possible life for your application. Sheath materials include:
d. Incoloy 800®
e. Incoloy 840®
f. Inconel 600®
g. 304 stainless steel
h. 316 stainless steel
2. Only grade "A", High Purity, MgO is used in all ASB heaters. This material contributes to better heat transfer properties and higher electrical insulation from the sheath. The result is a high quality heater which meets the rigorous demands of Industrial process applications.
3. The resistance element in all heaters made by ASB is a premium grade 80/20 Nickel-Chromium Alloy. this material offers higher temperature capabilities and mechanical strength. As with the MgO insulation, a superiror heater component leads to a superior element.
4. The heater element requires a cold section at each end to keep the electrical terminals from overheating. A steel pin of the desired length is used for this purpose. It is spot welded to the helix coil element for a secure connection. In the final step of assembly, the pin is exposed at each end of the element and is ready to accept a variety of terminal options.
Why Are Tubular Heating Elements So Widely Accepted For Process Heating?
- They are extremely rugged
- Can be formed into many unique and complex shapes
- Can be finned for improved forced air heat transfer
- Easy to precisely control the heat output to perfectly match your process requirements
- Low capital cost
- Negligible maintenance
- Can be used in virtually every industrial environment up to about 1000°F (540°C)
- Has a proven track record of over many years and applications.
See Finned Tublar Elements